Semaglutide, often marketed as it, is a prescription drug authorised for the long-term management of weight in persons with obesity or overweight conditions that are at least somewhat connected to weight. It is an agonist of the glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor that helps people feel full, which reduces calorie intake and promotes weight loss. Usually, a weekly subcutaneous injection is used to give it. Talking with a healthcare provider about the use, possible advantages, and risks of a medicine is crucial, just like with any other.
- Pinch a fold of skin at the cleaned injection site.
- Hold the pen at a 90-degree angle against the skin fold.
- Press the pen firmly against the skin and push the button to inject the medication.
- Keep the button pressed until the dose counter shows “0”.
- Remove the needle from the skin.
Wegovy (semaglutide) is typically administered as a subcutaneous injection. Here are general steps for administering the medication:
- Preparation For It:
- Gather the Wegovy pen, alcohol swab, and a disposal container for used needles.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Preparing the injection site:
- Choose a clean area on your stomach, thigh, or upper arm.
- Clean the chosen area with an alcohol swab and allow it to dry.